1st Day of KindergartenToday was Drew's 1st day of Kindergarten!! He started of his day with pancakes for breakfast - placed on the plate w/syrup to make a smiley face (which he got a kick out of). Then it was time to get dressed in his new outfit - complete with Transformer tennis shoes - and have Mommy take some pictures. ;) Finally it was time to pile in the van and head off to school...a normal 5-10 min drive took over 25min with all the 1st day traffic. It was CRAZY!! We arrived just before 8am and all walked him to his room. Because we were later arriving, a majority of the kids were already there. Drew walked right in and never looked back. Although I couldn't tell if he was just tired or possibly a little overwhelmed....as he stood for awhile after we arrive just looking around. I thought it was really sweet that one of his preschool teachers even came over to say hello. All in all I think it was a successful 1st day!! And I even kept it all together...aside from a couple times of getting misty eyed. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment