8.01.2009

213/365

Drew's Bday Party with Friends
This year the theme for Drew's party with his friends was Lego. It is amazing how difficult it is to find Lego party items! I was able to find some napkins with Legos on them, and a Lego ice cube tray (that I used to make little candies as well as ice cubes). The rest of the decorations were done with primary colors (& green since it is his favorite)....green table clothes and cups, blue plates, yellow flatware and red napkins...and red/yellow/blue/green balloons. Since we went with straight Lego theme...instead of the Lego Star Wars that Drew was really wanting...he picked out a huge Darth Vader balloon to get as well. For goodies for the quests, I found someone selling their used Pick-A-Brick containers (only available at Lego Stores) and filled them with Lego stress bricks (like stress balls), gold Lego brick key chains, Lego brick erasers, a small Lego set, the t-shirts I painted and a glow stick (leftover from the 4th of July). To help keep the kids entertained (since I'm not a big game person), we purchased an inflatable water slide for them to play on...and then they spent the afternoon between it and the playset. Since we had invited whole families to join us for the evening, we also had a BBQ hamburgers & hot dogs for everyone.

The delicious cakes that is pictured above was made by a friend from church. Erin did such an AWESOME job on it!! I am SO mad at myself for not getting a picture of Drew with the cake!!! UGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment