6.04.2009

155/365

Firehouse Pottery
After the man had come and installed our new cable internet (LOVING the speed!!), the boys and I loaded up and headed to Springfield. Actually we headed to just down the hill from our old house. :) All the years we lived over there, I had kept meaning to go check out Firehouse Pottery but never got around to it. So today we finally made it over there. I am thinking it is a GOOD thing I had never been in there when I lived so close! It could have been a real habit for me to go down the hill and do some painting. lol When you walk in the door you are surrounded with shelf after shelf full of different types of pottery. You browse all the options (which each piece has their price written on them so there are no surprised at the end of your experience) and pick out the piece you would like to paint. You then go to the studio area and picked from their large selection of paints and get to work. I really loved how they have samples of different ideas all around the building. SO helpful for the uncreative like me. ;) After you have finished painting (3 coats worth to get that bright color), you leave your mess, go pay for the piece as well as your studio time and head out. Then a week later you go back and pick up your finished piece after they have had a chance to put it through the kiln. SO FUN!!! Drew really enjoyed it...except for the fact that he kept wanting to go pick more pieces to paint, but Zach was a little young and spent most the time playing with the toys they had set up in a corner (so thankful they had those!!). I look forward to going back there again sometime.
**I had ever intention of taking my camera in with me so I could get pictures of the boys hard at work...but didn't realize until we were in and getting ready to start that it had slipped out of my purse in the seat of the van. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment