5.27.2009

147/365

Invasion of the Bees!!

What an afternoon we have had today!! I had just finished given the boys a bath before we were to head out for church. We came back into the kitchen so I could get them something quick for dinner when Drew screamed "A Bee!" and ran out. Sure enough there was a bee flying around in our kitchen. I thought it was strange and wondered how it had gotten in the house, but really didn't think too much about it. I managed to chase it out of the house, but as I was closing the sliding glass door I noticed there were more bees around the large
in the bay area of the kitchen. At first I thought the 6-7 bees were all on the outside....but then I heard the buzzing sound. UGH!! They were ALL in the house!!! After telling Drew to get Zach and head back to the master bedroom (making sure to shut the door), I went to close the other bedroom doors and look for the bug spray. Thankfully in the Carey White Elephant Christmas gift this year, we had received a can of wasp spray. Worked on them like a charm, but left a BIG mess on the kitchen window and floor...but at least no one had been stung. After taking care of those unwanted house guests, I noticed MORE bees flying around outside! When I went out on the deck I could see that they were swarming around the exhauste tubes for our water heaters!! From the deck I was able to spray the exterior of the tubes, but not get down into the tubes very far. Evidently they were flying up the tube, in through the motor and out into the interior of our house!


When John got home from work (bringing more sprays), I noticed that there were some bees in the downstairs windows as well! UGH!! It wasn't over!!! John went down to start the attach and I followed. We noticed that those bees downstairs weren't doing too well - hardly flying. So it was pretty easy to take care of the 15 or so down there. WHAT craziness!!! John also sprayed the exterior where there were any openings to try and prevent them from coming back in!


We aren't exactly sure what sort of bee they are, but MAN they were too close for my comfort!!
(one of the dead invaders)

No comments:

Post a Comment