Apple Picking!
Last year I searched all over for a local orchard that allowed you to come pick your own apples. Last fall Drew's preschool class from DLC visited an orchard just east of Springfield and I signed up for their email list. I was SO excited when they sent me an email saying they would have one Saturday this year they would allow people to come PYO! I was even more excited when (because of our old house closing yesterday) we weren't able to travel to visit my parents and visit an orchard up there. Then when the Saturday arrived, it was raining!! I could have cried!! It ended up letting up around noon, so we decided to drive out there and see if they were still having it. We arrived a couple hours before the end of the time and picked a small 1/2 peck. The boys seemed to have fun despite the weather and the small number they were able to pick. Next year I hope to pick many more!

No comments:
Post a Comment