For Drew's birthday party with friends, I decided to try out a fun little craft I had read about. I am SO pleased with how it turned out!! And I can't wait to try it with some other designs :)
Supplies:
Freezer Paper (waxy on one side & plain paper on the other)
X-acto knife or cutting machine
Pattern
Fabric Paint
Sponge Brush
T-shirt
Iron
Using the freezer paper, cut out the design you want to print on the t-shirt with an x-acto knife or cutting machine. Make sure that the waxy side of the paper is down. After you have cut out your design. Place the paper (waxy side toward shirt) on the t-shirt and use a warm iron to press it on (you can also iron on an additional piece of freezer paper inside the t-shirt to prevent the paint from bleeding through....I just placed a piece inside after I ironed on the stencil paper on the front). Make sure not to use a back & forth motion to start with or you might lift the paper and end up with wax on the iron. Once you have the freezer paper attached to the t-shirt, use you fabric paint and sponge brush to paint in the stencil area. Allow to dry until the paint is just tacky. Then carefully peel off the freezer paper. It will come off pretty easily and will leave no residue! It really is THAT simple!! And it was pretty cheap to do. You can purchase a large roll of the freezer paper at most grocery stores and I found plain t-shirts at Michael's for $2 each.

No comments:
Post a Comment